Week 4 Posting - Home Server
Upon researching RAID systems and their benefits, I kept wondering about a project I had wanted to do for years. Though .99 cents a month for increased iCloud storage isn’t a big deal, it adds up. As camera advancements provide better quality, more significant storage is needed. Hence, a home server.
By utilizing one of my old PCs that is just collecting dust, I can create a server to back up my photos and videos locally and have a place to store digital movies and music with the ability to stream them to any smart device that can connect. I found this article on Wired and think that, with some of my spare time, I may just try to get one set up.
My biggest interest is that with streaming services and digital licenses, movies and television shows can disappear or move to another service at any moment. If I can set up a home server and have enough storage to rip my physical movies to stream, that headache will no longer exist.
The link to the Wired article is here.
Comments
Post a Comment