Week 9 - Lidar Scanning

     Taking a real-world object and being able to manipulate it in 3D software is something that Hollywood has done for years. Mainly to create digital doubles (looking at you, Grand Moff Tarkin in Rouge One, or any Transformer in recent years), which can now be accessed by the general public with the devices in our pockets. While I have tinkered with this at work to have a model of the stockroom I work and organize, Peter France has inspired me to be more creative with these scans. Why can't I turn the old Arthur action figure I have from He-Man into a Robot Chicken-esque animation? Unfortunately, it's my time and dedication to this aspect of 3D modeling. One I hope to delve into and enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Blog (Late) - AI and Email

Week 6 Post - Parallels

Week 5 Post - HDCP Strippers